To view today’s Periscope, head over to your app and look for @yourfamilycoach! It will only be available for 24 hours!
Click here to read about my previous Periscope about how much I dislike new year resolutions. I’ve even got some clever and graphically appealing notes for you to copy!
4 Reasons New Year Resolutions Stink!
- They are problem-focused. I’d much rather you focus on your strengths and boost your confidence, than focus on fixing whatever you think is wrong with you.
- They are too general! Saying, “I’m going to go to the gym more often” isn’t going to make you go to the gym more often. You need a plan of action.
- Resolutions are like making a wish in a wishing well…you hope they’ll come true, but as soon as you speak it you realize it probably won’t happen.
- 80% of resolutions FAIL. ’nuff said.
Rather than make a resolution and fail, let’s make One Simple Change and THRIVE this year!
Who’s with me???
How to Declare Your Change Statement
There’s a formula for success and it begins with the way you speak TO and ABOUT yourself and your goals.
Here are the notes to get you started!
Write It Down / Share It / Visualize It / Repeat
To find your true motivation behind your change statement, use “If…then…” statements.
Don’t forget to consider others when making your declaration! How will your lifestyle change impact those around you? When it comes to health, it’s easy to include the whole family!
One Simple Change to Improve Your Health
Choose one of these habits (baby steps) to work on for 30 days. After you successfully implement that change, add another to it. For example, you might choose to drink more water in January, then in February, you’ll keep drinking that water but add more exercise to your routine. Don’t take another baby step until you have successfully created a healthy habit! Here are my top four ideas for improving your health in 2016.
- Eat more whole foods! (I eat a rainbow of nutritious, healthful foods!)
- FRUITS: One apple has over 10,000 phytonutrients!
- VEGETABLES: The more color, the more nutrition!
- WHOLE GRAINS: Important for dietary fiber and protein.
- Drink more water! (I drink enough water to keep me mentally alert and physically healthy.)
- 13 cups for men.
- 9 cups for women.
- Other drinks have too much sugar – which DEHYDRATES YOU!
- Check the color of your urine. If it’s clear, you’re good! If not – go drink a cup of water!
- Get more exercise! (I am active and energetic and I look good!)
- Kids need 60 minutes per day.
- Adults need 30 minutes per day.
- Exercise can be broken up into several sessions per day…just get it in!
- Sleep more, stress less! (I make rest a priority so I can be more present in each moment and live stress-free.)
- The CDC is calling America’s lack of sleep a Public Health Problem!
- School-age kids need AT LEAST 10 hours of sleep.
- Adolescents and teens need at least 9-10 hours.
- Adults need between 7 and 8 hours of sleep each night!
Resources I promised I would share:
TAKE THIS SURVEY! Strengths Finder 2.0
For the ladies: Track your water and exercise habits with beautiful bracelets!
Get the nutrition from 26 different fruits, vegetables, and berries, EVERY DAY! (affiliate link)